The Dover & Deal economy is all about transport. We have the busiest port in Western Europe, bringing thousands of lorries to our area. So why are the roads so inadequate? Why did the Labour Government do nothing about the dreadful Operation Stack? Why did the previous Labour MP raise the deathtrap A258 in Parliament back in 1997 and then fail to get action? And why was the desperately needed A2 dualling axed from the roads programme?
Local Conservatives are getting action:
- The A258 has been improved by Conservative controlled Kent County Council.
- Local Conservatives are pressing for lorry parks in place of Operation Stack
- Local Conservatives have a plan to free up the centre of Dover from lorries when the Western Docks are built.
- Only the Conservatives are ever likely to get the A2 dualled. The previous Labour MP tried, but his Government never seemed to listen to anything he has to say
- It is the Conservatives who are fighting Labour's port sell off and campaigning for the People's Port.